Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Seattle's heating up and so's the back of my neck

2.5 years ago I had to give up bicycling because of cancer treatment. I remember asking my oncologist if I'd be able to continue riding during chemotherapy. He paused, looked at me as if I was off my rocker, and said "No."

He was right. 

I'm still trying to get back into the shape I was prior to being diagnosed with cancer. I'm riding my bike, but not riding like I used to. The primary reason for this is because treatment started menopause from a dead stop to full throttle, and the medication I take exacerbates hot flashes.

I've always been most comfortable when it's about 68 degrees. Now, when it gets above 70, I truly suffer and so do the people around me. So, on those days I throw my bike on a bus and avoid the one big hill on my ride home.

Yesterday, I rode all the way home and was unhappy I'd made that choice. Imagine my delight when I saw this:



No comments:

Post a Comment